Architect / Interior Designer
About the Position
This position develops projects from early concept through design development, including new construction, alterations, and redevelopments. This position utilizes specialized knowledge and high-level design skills to ensure projects are functional, safe, sustainable, and aesthetically pleasing.
Essential duties and core responsibilities include:
- Coordinate all project efforts to ensure effective execution, prepare strategic plans, and serve as primary client liaison.
- Design. Lead Project design effort that aligns with the standards and expectations of DSGW. Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in creating the character and intent of the Project design, space programing, precision technical plans, drawings and models to ensure adherence to defined standards. In-depth understanding of code evaluation and material selection.
- Consultation. Consult with clients regarding project scope, design, schematics, practicality and delivery, including site visits. Answer questions or seek out answers and effectively manage client questions, issues or concerns. Prepare design proposals and presentations.
- Oversight and Supervision. Provide ongoing oversight of all aspects of assigned projects, monitoring budgets, operating within budget guidelines and optimizing resources and schedules. Run project meetings; coordinate with project team; make timely decisions, revisions and adjustments to bring project to completion within budget and timelines.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced professionals.
- Participates in the development of new work and client contacts.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Timely and regular attendance to complete job duties and responsibilities.
- Professional registration in Minnesota or working towards registration
- Willing to apply for additional state licenses when required for work
- Minimum of 5 years of previous professional experience preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Advanced interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective professional relationships.
- Ability to maintain courteous, respective and professional interactions with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Knowledge of commercial construction standards, techniques, and criteria
- Highly organized and able to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license and a “clean” driving record for insurability
- Familiarity or experience in Revit, Bluebeam, Sketchup, Microsoft Programs, virtual meeting software, Deltek, Adobe programs (InDesign, Photoshop)