DSGW in Duluth is hiring a full-time Project Manager! If you are a detail orientated problem solver that enjoys a fast-paced environment, consider a career at DSGW!
DSGW is a values driven architecture and interior design firm.
We know a skilled project manager can make a living just about anywhere. At DSGW, located in historic downtown Duluth, you can take your skills and also make a life. On the shores of Lake Superior, our city of 86,000 is big enough to support a thriving arts and music scene, but small enough to be about ten minutes from your next stop. Where are you going? That depends on what’s riding your roof rack or in your trunk: mountain bikes, skis, paddleboard, snowshoes, crampons, trail running shoes, guitar or drum kit, book of poetry — those all work here.
About the Position
The Project Manager coordinates all aspects of complex projects to ensure effective outcomes within deadlines.
Project manager job responsibilities include:
- Coordinate all efforts (administrative and technical) and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment to ensure effective execution on complex projects.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings and models to ensure adherence to defined standards. In-depth understanding of code evaluation and material selection.
- Consult with clients regarding project scope, design, schematics, practicality and delivery, including site visits. Answer questions or seek out answers and effectively manage client questions, issues or concerns. Prepare design proposals and presentations. Serve as primary client liaison to complete projects on schedule, within budget, and with maximum client satisfaction.
- Engage in evaluation of possible courses of action and execute a decision after various options have been thoroughly evaluated.
- Oversight and Supervision. Provide ongoing oversight of all aspects of assigned projects, monitoring budgets, operating within budget guidelines and optimizing resources and schedules. Run project meetings; coordinate with project team; make timely decisions, revisions and adjustments to bring project to completion within budget and timelines.
- Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts on the most complex projects.
- Provides oversight, monitoring and mentoring for less experienced project managers.
Project Managers work closely with the design team and share responsibilities with the project Architect.
- Professional degree and licensure preferred.
- Proficiency with design and project management software.
- Valid driver’s license and a “clean” driving record for insurability with our carrier.
- Ten or more years of professional experience is preferred.
Come do satisfying work in a supportive environment, but leave the hamster wheel of corporate life behind. Living isn’t just for weekends here!
DSGW offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package:
- Health and dental insurance plans
- HRA, Flexible Benefit Cafeteria plans
- Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401 (k) Plan
- 529 Plan (College America deferment savings for future college/higher education costs)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Travel to project locations
- No rush hour traffic
How to Apply
Please upload a resume and cover letter and complete the online application.