DSGW is hiring! If you are a proactive problem solver that thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic setting, consider a career as a Project Coordinator at our Lake Elmo office.
This position provides administrative support to project managers and teams in preparation of specifications and other bid documents; process related paperwork and attend meetings for various projects.
$20-$22 per hour PLUS a generous benefit package, including health insurance, dental insurance, paid time off, 401(k) plan and employer match, and a hybrid work schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate organization and support for RFP and specification process on assigned projects.
- Assist in the preparation of project documents, construction specifications, and general project coordination.
- Compile bid document packages for distribution.
- Process (which includes logging, filing and distribution) of RFPs, submittals, change orders and ASIs.
- Compile progress reports, compile and distribute meeting notes, manage document logs and attend project meetings, as requested.
- As needed, visit project sites to verify measurements and materials, pick up samples with vendors/contractors, and other project support.
- Perform construction administration duties, including site visits.
- High School Diploma required; college degree or class work preferred.
- A/E/C experience preferred. Construction administration experience is also preferred.
- Proficiency with a variety of computer programs (or the ability to quickly learn): Microsoft Office Suite, File Maker Pro, AIA Contract Documents, BlueBeam, BSD SpecLink and virtual meeting software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license and a “clean” driving record for insurability with our carrier.
Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and stable work performance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with grammatical accuracy in written English required.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively across all levels of the firm and engage different personality types.
- Ability to take direction, make interpretations, and offer suggestions while ensuring a high level of quality in all deliverables.
- Embrace new technologies and constantly strive for greater efficiencies through process or technology.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and customer service skills.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently or within a team.
- Positive can-do attitude
Working at DSGW, with offices located in Lake Elmo, Duluth and Virginia, is not just a job, it’s a career. As an architectural and design firm, we are passionate about improving the spaces that people live and work in every day. Nothing great springs from one individual. It takes an entire team, united behind something big. At DSGW we think globally, stand outside the box and help our communities grow through thoughtful design.
We offer competitive benefits and compensation, including health and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, and flexible work schedules, as well as a range of professional growth and development opportunities.
DSGW recognizes the value of diversity in our workplace. We consider all qualified employment applications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexual preference, partnership status, gender identity, status as a member or veteran of the U.S. Armed Services, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. DSGW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to Affirmative Action.