If you are a proactive problem solver that thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic setting, consider a career as a Design Technician at our Lake Elmo office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide architectural design drawings and solutions on assigned projects, revise existing drawings as requested.
- Exhibit competence with computer assisted drawing (CAD) and drawing sheet organization.
- Regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment to ensure accuracy and to independently apply technical concepts and designs.
- Engage in evaluation of possible courses of action and execute a decision after various options have been thoroughly evaluated.
- Timely and regular attendance to complete job duties and responsibilities.
- A technical degree in an architecture or design related field is preferred. Applicable work experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit software.
- Valid driver’s license and a “clean” driving record for insurability with our carrier is preferred.
Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and stable work performance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with grammatical accuracy in written English required.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively across all levels of the firm and engage different personality types.
- Ability to take direction, make interpretations, and offer suggestions while ensuring a high level of quality in all deliverables.
- Embrace new technologies and constantly strive for greater efficiencies through process or technology.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and customer service skills.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently or within a team.
- Positive can-do attitude
We offer competitive benefits and compensation, including health and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, and flexible work schedules, as well as a range of professional growth and development opportunities.
DSGW recognizes the value of diversity in our workplace. DSGW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to Affirmative Action.
Please upload a resume and cover letter and complete the online application.