DSGW is seeking an energetic, self-motivated and charismatic person with architectural or construction document administration experience. We are looking for someone to join our collaborative team and are willing to embrace our fast-paced office environment. This candidate will be required to support the senior partnership team in preparation of specifications and other bid documents; process related paperwork and attend meetings for various projects. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Overall organization and support for RFP and specification process
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Excellent organizational and research skills
- Effective written and verbal skills, and a professional communicator
- Assist in preparation of construction specifications, documents and general project coordination as required by the managing architect.
- Compiling bid document packages for distribution
- Processing (logging, filing and distribution) of RFPs, submittals, change orders and ASIs
- Compiling of progress reports and distribution of meeting notes
- Manage the various document logs for projects
- Attend meetings with project managers as required
- High School Diploma required. College Degree/Credits preferred.
- Experience in an architectural environment or construction is strongly preferred
- US Citizenship
- Competent and comfortable with a variety of computer programs and software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, File Maker Pro, AIA Contract Documents, BSD SpecLink, Goto
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and stable work performance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with grammatical accuracy in written English required.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively across all levels of the firm and engage different personality types.
- Ability to take direction, make interpretations, and offer suggestions while ensuring a high level of quality in all deliverables.
- Embrace new technologies and constantly strive for greater efficiencies through process or technology.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and customer service skills.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently or within a team.
- Ability to multi-task
- Positive can-do attitude
Physical Demands and Working Environment: The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment.
- Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other locations using various modes of private and commercial transportation; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
- Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Compensation: Hourly compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Benefits: Because our employees are our greatest asset, we offer competitive benefits and compensation, including health and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, and flexible work schedules, as well as a range of professional growth and development opportunities.
DSGW recognizes the value of diversity in our workplace. We consider all qualified employment applications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexual preference, partnership status, gender identity, status as a member or veteran of the U.S. Armed Services, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. DSGW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to Affirmative Action.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your experience. Submit to: John Geissler at email@example.com.