DSGW is hiring! If you are a proactive problem solver that thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic setting, consider a career as the Administrative Assistant for our Duluth office.
The Administrative Assistant is at the hub of activity and responsible for smooth and efficient office operations. This position provides key support and coordination for colleagues, visitors and clients. Responsible for outstanding customer service, this position is in the front lines in creating positive relationships and enhancing our strong reputation.
About the Position
Core responsibilities for the position include:
- Answer phones with a friendly, welcoming, and calm demeanor. Set up and organize ongoing zoom or conference calls, coordinating appointments and meeting logistics. Coordinate daily calendars & meetings, and meeting logistics.
- Independently create well-organized, grammatically correct memos, letter, minutes, documents, and reports that align with brand standards.
- Overall office support to include: track and order supplies, copy projects, sort mail, ship packages, maintain employee phone and email list, and binding of proposals and specifications, accurately track and enter information into Deltek (timekeeping system), and assist with travel arrangements and reservations, as requested.
- Perform work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, innovation, learning, and growth. Contribute to a respectful and collaborative environment and an open communication process that shares information and best practices.
- Uphold firm values. Participate in firm-wide initiatives and work collaboratively with other team members, with integrity and respect.
- Regular and timely attendance to perform duties. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of administrative assistant, office assistant or commensurate experience is required. Experience in an A/E/C environment is preferred.
- Proficient with multiple phone lines and coordinating multiple calendars.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft word, excel, email, etc. with the ability to learn our in-house applications.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and stable work performance with the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the firm.
- Ability to take direction, make interpretations, and offer suggestions while ensuring a high level of quality in all deliverables. Excellent organizational, time management, customer service skills, and attention to detail.
- Embrace new technologies. Flexible and able to adapt quickly to change. Capable of working in a deadline driven environment and managing priorities appropriately.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently or with a team with the ability to complete projects in a timely manner with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Eagerness to help whenever the need surfaces, regardless of scope.
Working at DSGW, located in historic downtown Duluth, is not just a job, it’s a career. As an architectural and design firm, we are passionate about improving the spaces that people live and work in every day. Nothing great springs from one individual. It takes an entire team, united behind something big. At DSGW we think globally, stand outside the box and help our communities grow through thoughtful design.
On the shores of Lake Superior, our city of 86,000 is big enough to support a thriving arts and music scene, but small enough to be only ten minutes from your next stop. As a port city with incredible access to outdoor space, our region boasts a gold level trail multi-use trail system (biking, hiking, trail running), ski trails (downhill, cross country or telemark), and easy access for hunting and fishing. Over lunch, jog along the Lakewalk or watch the lift bridge rise for majestic freighters. Get closer to the unsalted sea on your paddleboard or take a sandy beach outing with your dog. Come do rewarding work in a supportive environment, but leave the hamster wheel of corporate life behind. Living isn’t just for the weekends here.
For More Information
For more information about the position and DSGW, please visit our website: